BY: Lambert Coffie | Voltaonlinegh.com |
The Jubilee Park in Ho is set to host the eagerly anticipated 6th Volta Trade and Investment Fair from Sunday, November 26, to Sunday, December 10, 2023. This landmark event, which has garnered national and international attention in recent years, is returning to its roots at the Jubilee Park, where the inaugural three editions were held in 2009, 2010, and 2011.
Following a long hiatus, the fair underwent a revival in 2019. Under the auspices of the Volta Regional Coordinating Council, the Ghana Tourism Authority, and private sector partners, spearheaded by the Regional branch of the Association of Ghana Industries (AGI Eastern/Volta/Oti), the last two editions in 2019 and 2021 were held at the Ho Sports Stadium, to the displeasure of certain stakeholders in the sports fraternity.
However, despite initial plans for this year’s Volta Fair to be held at the stadium, the organisers, led by the AGI, reconsidered after further engagement with stakeholders to return the fair to the Jubilee Park, the original venue, to allow for the continuation of sporting activities at the stadium. A decision warmly received by the sporting fraternity in the municipality.
With the venue matter resolved, organisers are determined to deliver yet another splendid event to the satisfaction of both exhibitors and patrons. The 6th Volta Trade and Investment Fair-2023 is on the theme “Leveraging the African Continental Free Trade Area for Economic Development.” With a commitment to making this fair a true reflection of Africa’s diversity, the event will focus on key areas crucial for the growth and development of the continent: Agribusiness, Tourism, Manufacturing, Housing & Urban Development, Infrastructure, Green Economy, Creative Arts and Culture, and Sports Investment and Talent Development.
Anticipated to draw over 400 exhibitors from across the country, the sub-region and beyond, as well as over 50,000 patrons over the two-week period, the fair, which will showcase the immense socio-economic investment potentials of the region, is expected to host several local and foreign dignitaries, including diplomats.
Key Highlights for the Fair Include:
1. Opening Ceremony: The official opening ceremony, setting the stage for two weeks of captivating exhibitions and discussions, is scheduled for Tuesday, November 28, 2023, at 2:00 pm.
2. AGI National Annual General Meeting: For the first time, the Association of Ghana Industries (AGI) will convene its national Annual General Meeting in Ho, focusing on “Industrialization through Sustainable & Efficient Supply Chains.”
3. Volta Women’s Entrepreneurs Summit: This summit aims to celebrate and empower women entrepreneurs, exploring the theme “Navigating New Frontiers: Women Entrepreneurs Delivering the AfCFTA Vision.”
4. Youth Entrepreneurs Summit: Emphasizing the importance of nurturing youth entrepreneurship in the AfCFTA era, the 2nd Youth Entrepreneurs Summit revolves around the theme “Bridging New Borders: Amplifying Youth Entrepreneurship in the AfCFTA Era.”
5. Sports Investment Summit & Awards: Delve into the world of sports investment and talent development through insightful discussions and presentations.
6. Tourism, Arts & Culture Forum: Explore the rich cultural heritage and potential of the Volta region in the context of the AfCFTA.
7. Horticultural & Youth Innovation Events: Witness the innovative ideas of the youth in action during the fair.
8. Volta Beer Festival: Experience the flavours of Volta through a delightful beer festival celebrating local brews.
9. Visit Volta Tours: Discover the beauty and uniqueness of the Volta region through guided tours and excursions.
10. Kente Festival: Immerse yourself in the vibrant colours and traditions of the Volta region during our Kente Festival.
11. Non-stop Entertainment and Funfairs: Exhibitors and patrons can enjoy a delightful nightlife experience with back-to-back entertainment and fair activities on the fairgrounds.
See you at the 6th Volta Trade and Investment Fair-2023 as we converge to build stronger, more sustainable, and prosperous local economies in the era of AfCFTA.