BY: Daniel Orlando|Voltaonlinegh.com|
The Volta Regional Coordinating Council (VRCC) has announced the closure of the Tsito to Anyirawase section of the Ho-Accra Highway, following some structural defects on a culvert across the section, caused by heavy downpour.
A statement issued on Monday, September 18 and signed by the Chief Director of the Volta Regional Coordinating Council (VRCC), Mr. Augustus Awity, stated that the culvert poses a danger to motorists and has become necessary to close the section of the road to safeguard lives and property.
The closure is expected to last for one calendar month to allow for the reconstruction of the damaged culvert.
As a result, the VRCC and the Ghana Highways Authority have arranged following alternative routes for motorists traveling to the Regional Capital, Ho.
- From Asikuma Junction to Ho:
- At Dededo, take a right turn;
- 10km Gravel Road (Feeder Road)
- Horizontal clearance (3.50m due to a narrow steel bridge)
- Then meet Juapong-Abutia-Sokode Road:
- 12.5km Gravel Road (Highway)
- • 13.1km Bituminous Road (Highway)
- Then meet the Sokode Roundabout.
The statement added that the personnel of the Ghana Police Service will be available to assist motorists plying the route with directions.