Volta Online
General Health Others Social Uncategorized

Fire scare at Ho Municipal Hospital

A fire scare at the Ho Municipal hospital has reportedly sent patients and nurses running for cover, Thursday afternoon.

The main switch which exploded

The incident which was caused by the explosion of an electricity main switch at the Out-Patient Department (OPD) was quickly brought under control by one of the doctors with the use of an extinguisher.

An eyewitness told Voltaonline.com that, patients were waiting to take their turns in the consulting room, when one of the nurses detected smoke emanating from the main switch.

‘Moments later, it started exploding and people rushing out of the place, when one of the Doctors came out with the extinguisher to douse the fire’ the witness narrated.

The swift action of the doctor saved the situation even before the arrival of fire personnel from the Municipal fire station.

A fire tender arriving at the hospital

As of the time the news team was leaving the scene, cleaners at the facility were busily cleaning the dust left behind as result of the use of the extinguisher.

Hospital workers cleaning up the OPD after the incident

No damages or injury was recorded, as normalcy has since return to the facility.

By: Voltaonlinegh.com


Related posts

NNEKA Youth Foundation fetes over 800 Children At Carols Service

Volta Online

Kalakpa is Crying for You, Help Us – Park Manager

Volta Online

Teacher jailed 15 years for Defiling Pupil

Volta Online

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: