BY: News Desk I Voltaonlinegh.com |
A 65- year old retired ECG engineer, Mr. Agyei Kweku, met his untimely death through electrocution at Buem Teteman in the Jasikan district of Oti region.
An Eye witness accounted that, “on March 1, 2021 evening around 6pm, parts of the town had low current therefore, he decided to help remedy the situation so he called his bosom friend Mr. Jonah Agbemedu for assistance”
The two, they said, visited the suspected faulty high tension pole and Agyei begun to climb as his friend supported him with a ladder.
“it was during his climbing stage that all of a sudden he caught fire on top of the pole”.
According to his friend Jonathan , whiles the deceased was burning, he could not help because he also had a power shock which threw him helplessly into a gutter.
He said, “few minutes later, some people arrived at the scene and I instructed them to look for a dried wood to kick Agyei Kweku from the pole , he drop burnt and dead”.
Mr. Agyei second wife, Madame Regina Mantey, confirmed the demise of her husband to the reporter when contacted as she recounted the last moment she encountered with her husband.
The body of the deceased has since been deposited at Worawora government hospital.
The deceased left behind two wives and two children.
Source: Mercy Darko