Volta Online
News Others

33-Year-Old Man Electrocuted At Kpando

BY: Lambert Atsivor | Voltaonlinegh.com |

A 33-year-old electrician, Joseph Ademi has met his untimely death Sunday when  fixing  streetlights  at Kpando.

‘Togoo’, as he is popularly known in the town, was electrocuted  when he climbed the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) transmission pole opposite Top Man Wood shop in the Kpando township to to replace a malfunctioning streetlight.

ECG officials removing the deceased from the Pole.

Benjamin Obeng-Antwi, the Public Relations Officer of ECG-Volta, in a release copied Volta Online stated that, the deceased who worked for a private contractor, was found hanging on the pole at about 6:30am by some residents, who quickly reported to the Kpando ECG office.

“Further investigation by the Kpando District Office has revealed that the deceased climbed the pole to replace streetlights without any authorization from the ECG district office, isolation request and proper safety apparels,” the statement noted.

The incident attracted alot of onlookers

It further revealed that, the deceased has previously had his climbing shoes and belt seized by ECG officials at Kpando when he unlawfully entered the power distribution network in the later part of 2019.

His body has since been deposited at the Margaret Marquart Catholic Hospital morgue in Kpando, as Police in the area commence invetigations into the incident.

The statement however concluded with an appeal   to the general public to desist from unlawful entry into ECG networks.

Source: www.voltaonlinegh.com

 

Related posts

#NPPDecides: Late Arrival of Accreditation Delays Voting At North Dayi

Volta Online

ARS Church backs Parliament’s Stance against Homosexuality

Volta Online

Over 85 Lives Lost in Protracted Alavanyo-Nkonya Conflict

Volta Online

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: