Residents of Morkordze in the Anawusukope Electoral Area of the South Tongu District, have been devastated following the electrocution of a woman and her two grandchildren during a heavy downpour last Monday night.
The three, Yaa Gayi, said to be in her 50s, Mawulolo Dofey, 9 and Morkporkpor Dofey, 7 got electrocuted to death when they attempted walking in the flood water collected in the compound of their home during the heavy rains in the area.
Voltaonlinegh.com understands, the three were forced to leave their room to seek refuge from the rains in another room when strong winds ripped the aluminum roofing off the kitchen causing the rains to drip in.
Unfortunately, there was an electric cable that fell in the flood water during the cause of the rains and the victims, unaware of the consequences of this, walked in the flood and got electrocuted by the live wire.
The bodies of the deceased persons have been deposited at the Sogakofe Government Hospital pending autopsy.
By: Ewoenam Kpodo/voltaonlinegh.com