Volta Online
News Social

Ho: Crime Victims raise Red flag over Alleged Police shielding of Suspects

Credible information reaching the news desk of Voltaonlinegh.com has revealed some unhealthy happenings within the Ho municipality, which sort to impugn the professional integrity of both Municipal and Regional commands of the Ghana Police Service.

The information pointed to the activities of two suspected criminals in town who claimed to have secured immunity against their prosecution for some offences they have been charged with.

Voltaonlinegh.com gathered the suspects, Philip Ganya, 43 and Fafali Fumey age 35, were arrested in the latter part of 2017 by personnel from the Municipal Police command at Anlokordzi -Kpakome, a notorious suburb of Ho, for their involvement in series of robberies in the municipality.

According to the sources “Ganya was arrested around August last year and he was found with India hemp and a locally manufactured pistol. Fafali on the other hand, was found with similar items including live cartridges when the police arrested him in November on his motor bike.”

Although both suspects are currently facing trial at the Ho circuit court, there seems to be some behind the scene maneuverings to get the case aborted, the  sources revealed.

Some worried crime victims also narrated to this news portal, about how the suspects who are on bail have been going round the vicinity, claiming to have strong connections with some  senior police officers, whose intervention would aid them evade justice.

It therefore came as a joy to suspects, Ganya and Fafali, when a mysterious fire gutted  the chamber of the trial judge in the early hours of Monday, March 12, 2018, in which  a number of document, including dockets were destroyed, one of the impeccable sources narrated to Voltaonlinegh.com.

The source however added that, the said joy was truncated when the two appeared before the court later that month and the trial judge announced to them that, their docket was intact and as such the trial would continue unabated.

Since then, however, no progress has been made with the trial due to the absence of police investigators in court to give evidence.  A situation, Voltaonlinegh.com understands, compelled the court to adjourn the trial on at least two occasions.

Further checks by this news portal seem to  lend credence to the claims of the two suspects, as the absence of the investigators in court was somewhat linked to an ‘order from above,’ warning the law enforcers not to go and testify against the suspects.

Strenuous attempts by Voltaonlinegh.com to ascertain the veracity or otherwise of the claims of the crime victims have not been successful, even though sources at the Ho Municipal Police command confirmed the ongoing prosecution of the said suspects.

 By: Voltaonlinegh.com

Related posts

Volta Participates in National Boxing Championship

voltaonlinegh

Govt Commited to Transforming TVET

voltaonlinegh

REVEALED: Key Suspect In Ho Melcom ‘Robbery’ Incident Was On Alleged Murder Mission

voltaonlinegh

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: